Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Faithbooking Challenge - Children the Richest of all Earthly Joys

“Children” we are told, “are a heritage of the Lord;” they are also, the Psalmist tell us, “his reward.” [Psalm 127:3.]

We should cherish our children, bring them up in the gospel, and teach them virtue, love, and integrity.

This challenge is to record your love of your children. I realize that not all scrapbookers are parents but you can still record your thoughts about how your parents raised you.

The richest of all my earthly joys is in my precious children. I am so blessed to be the mother of four children. I know that my most important job l will ever do is raising my family-I look around me, and see my boys and my sweet daughter whom the Lord has given me, and I will only succeeded, with His help. Within my children I have reached the treasure of my life, they make every moment worth living.

No one can advise my children with more a sincere desire for their happiness and salvation than I can myself. Nobody has more interest in the welfare of my own children than I besides the Lord. I cannot be satisfied without them. They are part of me. They are mine; God has given them to me and I want them to be humble and know the teachings of the gospel.

“As arrows are in the hand of mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them.” [Psalm 127:4-5]

-We are a Christian people, we believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and I know it is my duty to acknowledge and teach my children that he is our Savior and Redeemer.

-Some key words or thoughts you could add to your layout is how you want to teach your children the importance of these values in their lives:

-Respect your neighbors and church leaders

-Respect old age, gray hair, and feeble frames.

-To honor themselves and honor the principles of gospel

-To honor their teachers, the law of God, the law of state and law of country.

-You can create a layout about what you are doing in your home to train your children; what you do to enlighten them?



Ponder this:


•How are the children who are entrusted to our care a “heritage of the Lord” and “his reward”? (Psalm 127:3) What divine blessings do children bring “that make for the prosperity of the home and nation”?
•Why must parents teach their children to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ? What other gospel principles do you think children should be taught (or what were you taught as a child)? How do you teach these?
•What are “God’s ways of educating” and directing His children? How do you follow His example in your own family?
•How can children be taught to strive for worthwhile goals through “patience and labor”?

My hope that this challenge will help you create something that will be a legacy of your faith for your children and future generations. So they will always know your true love and desire for their happiness and salvation.

All my best,
Sunny~

For more scripture references to help you with your layouts go to our Faith Forum. Find other layouts to inspire you and post your own in our Inspiration Gallery.

Create your layout and upload it to our gallery and we will pick a winner to be featured on this post! Deadline for "front page" consideration layout is Saturday, September 15th, 12pm EST.


Karma's Challenge Layout - Click here for details.

























Design Team Layouts:

Jamie's Layout - Click here to see her amazing write up.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow, this looks like a great spot....it's 2 a.m., but I will have to come back and read more later.

I had to delete the link you entered...it's for a contest, but I welcome you to join the contest...just put up an "heirloom" layout and then add the direct link to that post.

I am glad you found me...looks like a great place here.

Michelle McVaney said...

Jamie your page is precious!