Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scripture Challenge {Week 2}

Oh my goodness, I can’t tell you how I have felt this week looking at your cards, reading your stories, and hearing how the study this week has touched you. I am in awe! I know there are moms and daughters working on this challenge together, groups of friends, and some of you are even making several sets to give these cards as gifts. The lives that will be touched and that are being touched is beyond anything I could have ever imagined. God is completely in control, this was His plan, and I am amazed at what He has shown me this week through all of you! Thank you!

This week I had a word picked out but God told me He did not want me to use that particular word yet. So, in the midst of my very busy week, I studied something different for us to look at. So, we are now going to look at Kindness this week. Abraham Lincoln said “the only way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.” Kindness equals an action. It is an outer expression of inner goodness. We can express goodness with a compassionate action. God gave me several opportunities to express that kindness in action this week. He also allowed me to see it in action in the books I am reading. It was pretty amazing and awesome to see Him speaking so clearly as He began to show me the word for this week. Even something so small as helping an elderly woman get something off of the shelf at the grocery store. God is good! So, as you have guessed, our word for this week is . . .

Week Two Challenge Word: Kindness The scripture I chose was Colossians 3:12 “Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.” I know there are many more awesome scriptures, and I can’t wait to see where God leads each of you this week! Be sure to follow the discussion thread here on Faith Sisters. Have fun looking and researching! Blessings!

No comments: