Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Faith Discovery Challenge #12 - {Little Things Do Matter}

Hope everyone had a blessed Mother's Day last weekend! The last Faith Discovery Challenge - Woman of Virtue - was a chance to celebrate and honor those special women in your life, whether it was your mother, friend, daughter, or mentor. Also, some of you chose to create a layout about your own experiences or thoughts about the virtuous woman you'd like to become. Proverbs 31 not only had a strong influence upon my life as a woman of God, but as a true servant to my family which is why I chose to highlight that portion of biblical scripture.

And now for the Featured Layout...

By Debra

Journaling:

"It’s taken a long time to get to the point where I feel like I am at peace in my walk with God. In the past I’ve not been the virtuous woman and feel ashamed that I wasn’t. I have so many perfect role models, how could I not be that kind of woman that God wanted me to be. Hard lessons learned and mistakes made have only drawn me closer to Him and constant prayer will keep me here."

Debra is one of our newest members of our Digital CT and she not only did a great job with designing this layout but, I also admired her honesty and truth in her words... Something I definitely found to be true in my own walk with God and because we are all imperfect human beings, I agree that with constant prayer and following hard after Him, is what will help us to be that woman of virtue. Thank you Debra!! Please leave her some love and see more of her talented creations in her gallery!

{Little Things Do Matter}

This topic was something that God has been putting in my heart for a long time and many times I have gone back to this little saying "little things do matter", especially when I'm feeling so lost in my own world of wanting more than what I have or when I feel so insignificant at times that I'm not doing enough or if I'm simply worrying too much that I hardly recognize the importance of what really matters in life and what really matters to God. Do you ever find yourself asking the Lord, "Do you really care?" I know I have many times. There are times that I can't help, but feel desperate for God to answer a prayer or a need. Or there are moments when I'm so afraid of what my future might hold for me or my family. Other times I wonder, "Does God really understand or care about all the things that happen in my daily life?"--the bills, the leaky faucet, my achy back, my husband's commute to work, the little accidents my kids have when they play, etc.--which I've felt were things that God may be too busy to care about when there are so many other catastrophes and bigger problems to handle in this world. But, not true at all. There have been so many incidents that God would prove to me that even the smallest requests are heard like needing help with finding my lost keys or to find good parking at the mall or to be able to get a good grade on my final exam. Those are just a few of the many reasons why I can trust that even the LITTLE things that matter to me, matter to God. We are His precious children and He cares!!

The Bible also gives us some examples of how even the LITTLE things are used to do great things. For instance, when Jesus fed the five thousand people with five loaves of bread and two small fish (John 6) or when God instructed the widow and single mother to give her last piece of bread to the starving prophet which God then miraculously provided enough for her and her son throughout the famine (I Kings 17), are such powerful examples of how something LITTLE becomes more than enough through His power and grace. God is so awesome!

Another LITTLE thought on this topic is also being faithful in the LITTLE things even when it may seem unimportant or useless. Many times, we forget that if we want God to trust us with more of His blessings, it's important for Him to know that He can trust us with even the little blessings. If we can appreciate the little things, we also can appreciate the bigger things. The reasoning in this can be more understood in this example: You receive a two gifts, one is inexpensive and the other one is rare and priceless. Which one would you take more care of and keep safe? My answer would be the more expensive gift of course! However, God is wanting us to be faithful in being good stewards with every gift, whether big or small, that He so graciously gives us in order for God to trust us with more of His blessings... (Luke 19:13)


Challenge #12 - So this challenge is for you to create a LO that acknowledges the LITTLE things described in the article above. Whether it's about cherishing the LITTLE moments with our loved ones, praising the Lord for answering our prayers for the LITTLE matters of life, or for turning our LITTLE blessings into something big, I hope this challenge will help you grow to trust that our Lord cares about us in every LITTLE way and that every LITTLE thing we do or go through matters to Him.


Here are the layouts from me and the CT! Hope you enjoy this challenge and look forward to seeing your take on it in our gallery! For discussion about this week's challenge, please visit us in the forums, I'd love to chat with you and get to know you as well! Find us back here in 2 weeks to also see who gets selected as the Featured Layout...

* Click on images to see credits in their gallery*

By Dahlia Co


By Tammy


By Jackie Ann


By Terrie L.


By Rita S.


By Cheryl in FL


No comments: