Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Faith Discovery Challenge #17 {Jars of Clay} - Featured Artist

Congratulations to Michele (Creatively Obsessed) for being selected as our featured artist for last week's Faith Discovery Challenge! Please leave her some love in her gallery here.



~Journaling~

But we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Romans 5:3



Upon A Shelf
I am a lump of clay, in a jar upon a shelf.
A sculptor reaches in and gently and pulls me from my vessel.
He holds me in his warm hands. I am safe.
“Oh my lovely child, I know the beauty that is within you.
But if I shape you without first preparing you,
Thee will not be able to bear the heat of my kiln.”


“To become the masterpiece you are meant to be thee must be wedged.”
Through many trials and tribulations,
I scream in pain as my being is torn to pieces.
I have done nothing wrong,
Why does he strike at me so?
I cry out “ Stop or you will destroy me!”


The kneading begins,
Oh what pleasure.
I smile as I look into my sculptors eyes,
“I am ready“.
“No!” he cries.


I tremble at the brutish force, now worse than before.
I am perplexed, exposed, dry and hardening.
I begin to crack and flake.
I yell out , “This must be the end”.
My sculptor, he says nothing but continues to wedge.


“Why? Oh Why?” I cry
As the cold hard blade stabs at my soul.
I let forth a deafening howl,
“I am hard now, I can stand no more!”


In that moment, tender fingers begin to massage me,
Gently caressing my jagged edges.
Soft hands smoothing my fractured surface.
I feel strength rising within me.


The sculptor is putting my broken pieces back together.
The building process begins.
A soft voice speaks, “My creation, you are almost ready.”


I am being carried now, carried to the kiln.
I feel the fire of my father’s love,
A love so strong
I finally know where I belong.
I am transformed.
I rejoice as my beauty is revealed.


I am a jar made of clay
Shinning in the light.
Sitting upon my father’s shelf,
It was worth the fight.


Thank you Michele for participating and for sharing your creativity with us! And thank you for your inspiration! You can snag this blinkie if don't have one already!


No comments: