Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Scripture Challenge {Week 35}

On 8/9/08, God led me to a new Bible Study Fellowship class. It was the culmination of 4 months of prayer. I have been in the day women’s BSF class since 1998, and I had no intention of leaving. I love the women, I love the class, and it is a huge part of who I am and a huge part of my heart. However, God had different plans for me. I did not want to leave but He clearly wants me in the night women’s class. I am scared, and I truly did not want to follow His leading; however, I am stepping out in faith and following His lead. Is it easy? No! Have tears been shed? Yes, many. Is there excitement? Yes, because I know His plan is amazing even though I don’t see it yet. And God never makes mistakes. I can rest in Him, and know that His leading is perfect.

Week 35: Leading (God’s)

Who is in charge of your life? Is it God? Is it your husband, friends, co-workers? Where do you turn when a decision needs to be made? Sometimes it seems so much easier to turn to someone around us and get an immediate verbal answer to our decision. However, is that the direction that God would have you go? Is that His leading for your life? When trying to hear God’s leading for you, refer to our study in Week 31 when we studied Choice. The list by Neil Anderson can be very helpful when trying to discern God’s leading for your life. I know I used it when trying to hear God about His leading for my BSF class.

To help us follow His leading, we can read His Word each and everyday. Cooperate with Him and follow His lead. There is no end to the possibilities of where He may lead you. Think of Jochebed (Moses’ mother, see Exodus 2:1-5). She had to follow God’s leading in putting Moses into the basket and into the Nile. Then look at where He led Moses. And Moses was blessed and knew the Lord face to face (Deuteronomy 34:10)! Wow! I must follow His leading for my life just as Jochebed and Moses did.

For my card this week, I used some fun Basic Grey papers and a $1 stamp from Michael's for the footprints on my card.
And the scripture I chose was:

Psalm 31:3 “Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.”

And I can’t end our lesson here without giving you what the Lord just gave me. I need to follow His lead and share the hymn “He Leadeth Me! O Blessed Thought” with you. I will just share the first verse and the chorus but if you get a chance, you should really listen to the entire hymn.

He leadeth me! O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
Still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.

Chorus:
He leadeth me, he leadeth me,
By His own hand he leadeth me;
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

Is it God’s precious hand that leads you? Do you want to be His faithful follower? How can you watch for His leading in your life today or this week? How about this month or this year? Please join us here for discussions and links to your cards and pages. Have fun studying and creating this week! And enjoy wherever the Lord may lead you!

No comments: