Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Prayers For You {Challenge Three} Eternal Future

I can think of nothing more important than the eternal futures of our children. So this week let’s focus our prayers on our children accepting Jesus into their hearts. It doesn’t matter how old or young your child is when you start praying this prayer.

Two of my children have made the decision to receive Jesus into their lives. I have one son who I am still praying this prayer for as well as all of my preschool children. I pray that through the bible stories, going to church, and my daily example their hearts will be touched and they will want that closer relationship with Jesus.

I can’t even begin to describe to you the amazing peace that came over my husband and I when our children came to tell us that they had accepted Jesus and wanted to be baptized. Now that they have received the Lord, we have to continue to pray for their relationship with Him. In the book The Power of A Praying Parent, Stormie Omartian says, “Praying for the Lord to pour out His Spirit upon our children must be our ongoing prayer .” I intend to make another card for my two children who have accepted the Lord already, using Stormies prayer which I will include below.

There are so many wonderful scriptures that promise us eternal life. Since I am using cards I chose to only use one of the listed scriptures. I am including several here for you to choose from, or you might have another favorite you would like to use.

Scripture:
You should not be surprised at my saying, “You must be born again.” ~John 3:7
Romans 10:9, John 6:40, 1 Timothy 2:3-4, 1 John 5:20, 1 John 5:11, John 14:16-17

My Prayer:
Heavenly Father, arouse in my children a need to be born again by repenting and putting their trust in you. Amen.

If your children have already accepted Christ: ( I haven’t completed this card yet, but I am including my prayer here for those of you whose children have already accepted the Lord and Savior! ) ~By the way, this part of my prayer is inspired from Stormie’s book!

My Prayer:
Lord, please let my children call You Savior and be filled with Your Holy Spirit. Let them acknowledge You in every area of life, and always follow You and Your ways. I pray that they will live fruitful lives, always learning more about You. Keep them on the path of Your will and give them a spiritual understanding. You have said in Your word that You will pour out Your Spirit on my offspring (Isaiah 44:3). I pray that You would pour out Your Spirit on Brooke, Tyler and Nic this day and every day.

Join us in the forum for The Power Of A Praying Parent Book Club. Those of you in the book club, or that have the book may want to review Chapter 5 Establishing an Eternal Future before completing your prayer card.

Blessings,
Michelle

P.S. We would love for you to post your cards, layouts and projects for this challenge in our gallery here!



Here is some inspiration by our creative team for this challenge!

by Vicky



by Gloria


by Karen


by Laurie


by JackieAnn


by Tammy


by Danielle


by Brynn



by Corinne

2 comments:

Sunny said...

These are just amazing...It gives me chills to think about one day when your children are older and going through though times or when your grandchildren will be reading these prayers and will be feeling the love you have for your family!

Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing…looking forward to seeing others posted in our gallery~

Terri Trotter Earley said...

This has got to be one of my favorite series yet! It finally has me scrapbooking rather than lurking. Here is my link

http://terriearley.blogspot.com/2009/03/oh-baby.html

It's a good life!
Terri E.