Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Prayers For You {Week 4} You're Beautiful

My daughter is now a teenager and what a challenge it has been! Convincing her that she doesn’t have to wear name brand clothes is the biggest challenge for the past year. I had such a low self-esteem as a young girl. I was always so extremely skinny and got made fun of for my chicken legs all the time. Brooke doesn’t have chicken legs, and is truly beautiful . Yet I know that all teenage girls struggle with their identity so when I came across this scripture I knew it was the scripture I needed to start praying over my daughter. God doesn’t judge beauty by the shape of our bodies or the clothing that we wear. His view is completely different than our worldly views. God looks at our hearts for a gentle and quiet spirit. If you fully trust in Christ you are beautiful.

Scripture: It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful . No, your beauty should come from within you ~ the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit that will never be destroyed and is very precious to God. ~ Peter 3:3-4

Prayer: Lord, give my children assurance that true beauty is not the physical beauty seen in movies and magazines, but rather the inner beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit inspired by Your love . In Jesus name. Amen.

I decided to go with a plain looking card for this one. I made it all black and white and didn’t do anything fancy in order to keep the point of this scripture being the inside beauty and not the outside worldly view of beauty.

Are you memorizing these scriptures each week? New Years Day I was on Beth Moore's blog and noticed that she has a scripture memorization challenge for this year. She is challenging ladies to memorize scripture! I had already decided that memorizing the scriptures was one of the most important parts of this challenge for me. I work with 1st and 2nd graders each week at AWANA and get amazed at how easily they can memorize the scriptures. It takes me a bit longer to memorize them, I will admit, but I am pleased to report that I can recite the scriptures of the first three challenges! So I challenge you, start committing these scriptures to memory!

Blessings,
Michelle

Please upload your projects for this challenge in our gallery by clicking here.


The following projects are by our Challenge Creative Team!

by Gloria


by JackieAnn


by Karen


by Tammy


by Vicky



by Lucy


by Kim



About Ash Wednesday
Lent begins today with Ash Wednesday - the day we remember Christ's triumphant palm waving entrance into Jerusalem - on His way to the cross. (The ashes are traditionally from the burnt palms from the previous Easter.) Ash Wednesday therefore is a church tradition established to encourage us to begin a time of soul-searching and penance in order that we may be more fully conformed to the life Christ has modeled for us.

No comments: