Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Sunday, September 20, 2009

NEW - Featured Designer: Sweet Tomato Designs

Logo

Home | Shop | Gallery | Community Forum | Meet Us | Contact

Here at Faith Sisters, we are very blessed to have so many wonderful digital scrapbooking designers who help us in our shop. Every other Sunday, we will feature some of our outstanding designers!

Cara is one of our newer designers and she has been doing a great job! Her kits have such a great quality and are so fun! Please read more about her and be sure to pick up some special freebies that she has created especially for our customers. Also be sure to check out her shop as her whole inventory is on sale for 30% off right now! (not including $1.49 and under items)


FlowerCara, please tell us a bit about you.

My name is Cara and I design under the name Sweet Tomato Designs. I'm a wife to a very hard-working hubby and a mommy to two energetic (read exhausting) toddlers and do most of my work at naptime and bedtime. I almost called myself Naptime Creations in honor Nolan (who's 4) and Finley (who's 2). I'm a teacher turned SAHM, library science graduate student and digi designer....wait, that means I traded in 1 job for 3, how did that happen? :giggle: I'm an Irish-dancing, tea-drinking, book-devouring, writer-wanna-be that is addicted to Photoshop. I've scrapbooked for a decade and said I'd never go digi, I liked the feel of paper too much...but...I found JessicaSprague.com in the Spring of 2008 and have never looked back!

FlowerWhat are some of the life lessons that scrapbooking has taught you?

To savor the everyday, to relish the details that make our lives so extraordinary to us, and to document our history to pass down to our families.

FlowerWhen did you start digital scrapbooking, designing and what made you get into it?

My BFF forced me to take a Digi class, and when I finally started it I stayed up all night to finish it, I was so addicted. I began taking design classes to learn how to make papers for my own line of photo cards, and that led to designing kits and templates. I truly enjoy the creative outlet it allows me.

FlowerWhat inspires you to create your designs?

Catalogs, Sunday circulars, song titles and definitely color combinations I find in nature. Everything generally starts with either a color combination or a phrase/quote.


FlowerCan you share your favorite scrapbooking or design tip with our Faith Sisters?


Recoloring objects is far easier than you think. In Photoshop, click ctrl-U, click colorize (make sure the color you want is in the top of your color palette), and then adjust to your liking. Ctrl-L opens the levels box and can lighten or darken your object. And you can always play with the color blending mode!


FlowerHow do you find the time to do so many wonderful designs?


Well, that's the trick, isn't it? I have to work very hard to balance all my different hats and I don't make as much new product as many designers out there, but I also feel like I'm giving my family 100% of me when they are around. I design at naptime and after the kids go to bed, but I take at least 1-2 nights off to snuggle my hubby.


ClaudiWhat is your favorite scripture verse?


Isaiah 58:11 I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you.


The following are some of Cara's favorite products in her shop, right now 30% off!
Ordinary Moments
Irish Eyes
Darjeeling
Dream On
Bon Voyage Frame Set
Seaside Photo Masks
Over It - Overlay Collection
Tuxedo Alpha
Project 365 Template Bundle
Project 365 Bundle 2
And now, here are some freebies from Cara, just for you!
Template 5 Freebie

Rocket Boy Quick Page

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Sep. 21, 2009. Thanks again.