Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

NEW - Featured Designer: Audra's Little Scraps

Here at Faith Sisters, we are very blessed to have so many wonderful digital scrapbooking designers who help us in our shop. Every other Sunday, we will feature some of our outstanding designers!

Audra has been with us for quite a while and has a great assortment of goodies for all occasions! Please read more about her and be sure to pick up some special freebies that she has created especially for our customers. Also be sure to check out her shop as her whole inventory is currently on sale for 30% off! (sale price not including $1.00 and under items)



Flower
Audra, please tell us a bit about you.


I am blessed to live in the same small community I grew up in with my husband and 2 year old son. When I'm not busy with my family and scrapbooking I love to read, cook, camp, and sew.

FlowerWhat are some of the life lessons that scrapbooking has taught you?

I think that the biggest thing that I have learned from scrapbooking is how quickly the time goes by. There are so many magical moments that are all to easily forgotten if not preserved.

FlowerWhen did you start digital scrapbooking, designing and what made you get into it?

Two years ago when I first started digital scrapbooking I couldn't find just the right items to scrapbook my little guy's baby pages so I decided to come up with my own. After that I was hooked- later that year I was blessed with the opportunity to join the team here at Faith Sisters which I absolutely love!

FlowerWhat inspires you to create your designs?


Many of my ideas are inspired by my two year old son. I am also drawn to fabric and choose a lot of my color combinations from a favorite piece of clothing or other textile. In my personal scrapbooking I find that much of my inspiration for pages comes from song lyrics.


FlowerCan you share your favorite scrapbooking or design tip with our Faith Sisters?


As much as I love all the wonderful papers and embellishments out there, when it comes down to it I am a firm believer that the most important part of any layout is the picture and the story behind it. With this in mind my tip would be is to choose papers and embellishments that compliment rather than overwhelm the photo- Don't be afraid to recolor things - it's easy and can make even a small collection of digital supplies very versatile.


FlowerHow do you find the time to do so many wonderful designs?


With a two year old it can be tough! I tend to design in small windows of time whenever I have a moment here or there; That's the great thing about digital scrapbooking- it's so easy to step away to do other things without leaving a huge mess and when you come back you can pick up right where you left off.


ClaudiWhat is your favorite scripture verse?



I have two favorite scriptures the first is Ephesians 6:10-18 ... be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might...
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

My other favorite is Alma 37:37 (from the LDS Book of Mormon) Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

The following are some of her favorite products in her shop, right now 30% off!
And now, here is are some freebies from Audra, just for you!

No comments: