Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Song- I Hear Your Voice

God is always there but sometimes we let the noise of this world hide him from us. We miss the guidance and comfort that comes from him because we are too focused on everything else. But there are moments when the noise fades away and we are completely aware that we are in His presence. Maybe you have heard God’s voice in those moments or maybe you just felt his presence surround you, but you knew that you were with Him.

He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God. -John 8:47

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. -John 10:27

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD, for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. -1 Kings 19:11-12

Can you think of a song that breaks through the noise of the world? A song that carries God words to your heart? For February’s challenge, we will focus on songs about God's voice and presence. Songs that remind us to slow down and clear our minds, so we can hear and see God. I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by your favorite songs. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.

The Voice of Truth- Casting Crowns
The Noise- Jessie Daniels
The Voice of God- 4 Him
Word of God Speak- Mercy Me

I love in 1 Kings 19 how the Lord is described as a gentle whisper. There are all those huge events taking place; wind, earthquakes, fire and yet God was not in those. I find myself wishing that God’s messages to me would come and shake me like an earthquake or blaze like a burning bush, but I have never experienced anything like that. But I know that I have experienced God in the quiet moments, a gentle whisper that I sometimes almost miss or I dismiss as my own little voice. I am learning that the time I spend silent in prayer is often more rewarding than the times I try to put words to all my worry and feelings. For my layout I felt inspired by the lyrics of Word of God Speak by Mercy Me to journal about the quiet moments when I find myself at a loss for words.


Each month the designers are invited to create coordinated digital kits inspired by the topic to help you complete your layouts. This month's kits are based on the swatch below. You do not have to use these kits to participate, but I challenge you to create your layouts using these colors. Paper scrappers are welcome to join us by using similar colored products.

From Scrap Quest by Jennifer Eldridge:

From Designs by Angel:


If you need some help getting started you can grab this quick page for free over the weekend!


After you finish your layout be sure to share it with us in the My Sweet, Sweet Song Gallery and the monthly thread in the forum. Everyone who participates this month will be entered in a drawing to win my kit for next month's challenge! I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful layouts and finding out what songs you chose.

Sing It Out!
Jennifer (Scrap Quest)

No comments: