Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

NEW - Featured Designer: TMA Designs

Here at Faith Sisters, we are very blessed to have so many wonderful digital scrapbooking designers who help us in our shop. Every once in a while, we will feature some of our outstanding designers!

Lynn, AKA TMA Designs, is one of our newer designers. Last year when we had a designers contest, her sample kit got one of the highest vote volumes! You will see below why people love her goodies! Please read more about her and be sure to pick up a special freebie that she has created especially for our customers. Also be sure to check out her shop as her whole inventory is currently on sale for 40% off! (sale price not including $1.95 and under items)



Flower
Lynn, please tell us a bit about you.


My name is Lynn and I am 27. I teach math at a university and have been married to my wonderful husband for almost 5 years. He just finished his PhD in Electrical Engineering, so we are obviously total nerds! Aside from scrapbooking, I enjoy playing games of all types with him and our other friends. I love spending time with family and my kitty Calvin.

FlowerWhat are some of the life lessons that scrapbooking has taught you?

I notice things around me a lot more now! I am always looking for things to take photos of. I love nature and colors and texture. I like documenting what we've done on a certain day, even if it was just something "ordinary". I have learned that there are all sorts of different types of art and artists!

FlowerWhen did you start digital scrapbooking, designing and what made you get into it?

I had done a fair amount of paper scrapbooking for a few years and really liked it--but I was very slow. Everything had to be planned out and perfect before I would even crop a photo or cut a paper. Meanwhile, I took up (very) amateur photography and taught myself how to do photo-editing like selective color and the Orton effect. I also won a contest for free blog hosting and blog set-up for a year. While setting it up, and creating my blog header, I discovered the world of digital scrapbooking! Since I already knew how to use a photo-editing program, it was a perfect match for me! I got completely addicted, and haven't looked back since. It's been almost 2 years.

FlowerWhat inspires you to create your designs?


I am a huge fan of color. My kits almost always start with a color palette, and the theme develops from there. I like having a general theme, but I also know that as a scrapper, I like kits that are open-ended and can be used for lots of different types of photos and layouts. I also love looking through scrapbooking and crafting books and magazines. My husband laughs at me because I will spend hours just flipping through the pages of magazines, looking at the pictures over and over!


FlowerCan you share your favorite scrapbooking or design tip with our Faith Sisters?


In general - don't be afraid to try new things! Even if something doesn't work out how you planned, you have lost nothing by giving it a try. And my tip is to learn about layer masks! They are an amazing tool with so many uses once you understand them.


FlowerHow do you find the time to do so many wonderful designs?



We don't have any children yet so I have plenty of time for myself. Time that I used to spend just "surfing the net" is now spent designing, scrapbooking, or, well, surfing the net for scrapbooking stuff!


ClaudiWhat is your favorite scripture verse?



Philippians 4:7-8 Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your minds and hearts in Christ Jesus.

The following are some of her favorite products in her shop, right now 40% off!

And now, here is a cute freebie from Lynn, just for you!


No comments: