Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Song- My Salvation, My Restoration

Our sins have been washed away. We have been saved! We are restored! Easter is a time to remember all that was done for us at the cross. It is also a time for celebration in the new life we have been given. Christ conquered death and rose again! We rejoice!

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." -Matthew 28:5-7

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. -John 11:25-26

Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. -Romans 6:8-11

Easter is such an amazing time. Can you think of a song that holds the meaning of Easter for you? Maybe a favorite hymn from church or a special song that takes you back to the first time you invited Jesus into your life? Maybe a song that tells the powerful story of what took place that day so many years ago? I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by your favorite songs. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.

My Redeemer Lives - Phillips, Craig and Dean
Beauty of Grace- Krystal Meyers
Because He Lives - Bill Gaither
It is Well With My Soul- Chris Rice

The story of Easter is meant to be shared. We are called to share the good news. I love the song True Love by Phil Wickham and every time I hear it, it makes me not only want to share the story of Easter but also my own story. During a Easter service four years ago, while holding my sleeping son, I was baptized. The fact that I was holding my son when it happened, represents something very special to me. You see, no one else I knew was there to hold my son as I went up to the front. I had found the courage to go to the service by myself. My husband was not interested at the time and usually I would have just waited for him to take the lead, but God didn’t want me to wait. I knew at that time I had to go by myself. Now my husband and our two sons attend with me and I love sharing it all with them.


Each month the designers are invited to create coordinated digital kits inspired by the topic to help you complete your layouts. This month's kits are based on the swatch below. You do not have to use these kits to participate, but I challenge you to create your layouts using these colors. Paper scrappers are welcome to join us by using similar colored products.


From Scrap Quest by Jennifer Eldridge



From Digital Compilations by Cinda





From TMA Designs



If you need some help getting started you can grab this quick page for free over the weekend!



After you finish your layout be sure to share it with us in the My Sweet, Sweet Song Gallery and the monthly thread in the forum. Everyone who participates this month will be entered in a drawing to win my kit for next month's challenge! I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful layouts and finding out what songs you chose.
Sing It Out!
Jennifer (Scrap Quest)

No comments: