Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Song- On the Rock

Society is constantly bombarding us with images and ideas about who we should be, what we should look like and even what we should want. It’s so easy to get sucked into it all but we often need to take a step back and look at things from a different point of view. What does God say about how we are to live our lives? Are we building our lives and determining our success on the sifting sand of society or on the rock of God?

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." -Matthew 7:24-27

When the rain and wind comes, which it always does, what determines our ability to remain standing is where we built our foundation, but how do we build on the rock? Scripture says it is done by hearing the word of God and putting what we hear into practice. How wonderful is it that God doesn’t leave us to find our own way but instead provides us with his word? We build our “homes” brick by brick with each decision we make. If our decisions are based on what society believes then we will have a fragile home, but if our decisions are based on what God believes we will have a fortress.

Can you think of a song that expresses what it means to stand upon the rock? Maybe you are at a point in your life where it feels like you are in the sand. Is there a song that reminds you to hold onto the rock of God? I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by your favorite songs. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.

Hold On To Jesus- Erin O’Donnel
American Dream- Casting Crowns
You Are My Rock- Capstone

For my layout, I used lyrics from the song American Dream by Casting Crowns. The first time I heard this song, it really grabbed me. I grew up believing that success is measured by the size of your paycheck, but the idea never set well with me. I’ve struggled a lot with the desire to have more and the need to be content. The Jones’ are always a step ahead and there are days that I just wish I could have it all, but then I realize that God doesn’t care if I live in a little house and that we only have one car. What he does care about are values I teach my children and the love I show my husband. I have reached a point in my life where I am just done worrying about how much we do or don’t have. I leave all that in God’s hands and I will do my best with what he has given me today. I am blessed in so many ways and if I’m a nobody as far a society is concerned that’s ok. I know that I am somebody to those that matter.



This month we don’t have any challenge kits but I still encourage you to use the swatch below. Be sure to check out the shop for sales or even check your digi stash. I did my layout with items from three different kits I already had (click the layout for credits). Paper scrappers are welcome to join us by using similar colored products.


After you finish your layout be sure to share it with us in the My Sweet, Sweet Song Gallery and the monthly thread in the forum. I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful layouts and finding out what songs you chose.
Sing It Out!
Jennifer

No comments: