Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Designer's Challenge Thursday: Cover Challenge


Hi! I’m Lisa of LATZ designs and I am so excited to be running my first ever challenge here at Faith Sisters. I love music and I’ve always got a song in my head when I wake up in the morning. It’s often how I start my prayers too. So it seemed only natural to me that I look to Christian music covers for my Designer’s Challenge Thursday with a “Cover Challenge” this week.
My inspiration comes from this Mercy Me cover.
It’s a simple design with simple elements, yet it “spoke” to me on many levels. So for your challenge, should you choose to accept it is this: Create a layout from something that inspires you about this cover.
Does the main element, the heart inspire you? I’ve created a FREEBIE heart balloon that is available in my shop.


Cover Challenge 09.23.10 Freebie
Does the silhouetted figure get the creative ideas going? You can make your own or use these fantastic silhouette brushes from Obsidian Dawn HERE.
How about the title? I was struck by the word “generous”. It got me thinking about how we can afford to be generous because God has given us everything. There are many wonderful verses about being generous and generosity. Maybe one of these speaks to you this week:
  • You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. (2 Corinthians 9:11)
  • Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. (Det 15:10)
  • Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. (Psalms 112:5)
  • A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. (Proverbs 11:25)
  • If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5)
Here's what I created:

I used the heart balloon freebie, a silhouette of my youngest daughter because she has the gift of generosity that I am learning from and the verse from 2 Corinthians that reminds me of just how "rich" I really am. Where will this challenge take you? I'd love to see. Post your layouts HERE. Then let us know about it in the Forum.

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Lisa, I love, love, love this challenge and the layout you made! the emphasis on Scripture is especially wonderful When I get my computer running again (sigh), I will happily join you.
Barbara (Precepts and Promises at FS)

"Kreative Karma" said...

I love this challenge too! Here is my layout for it: http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/55042

Anonymous said...

Lisa - a great challenge - thank you!
Here is my layout:

http://www.faithsisters.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/55061

Pam (pammie~k)

Angela Toucan said...

great inspiration Lisa, thank you.
http://colestoucan.blogspot.com/2010/09/world-out-there.html