Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Song- Teach Me Your Ways

Jesus is often referred to as “Teacher” in scripture. He calls himself “Teacher“. His followers and even his enemies called him the same. As the school year begins in the much of the U.S., we are reminded to learn and follow the master teacher. He is the one who can show us how to lead, serve and love. As we face problems and difficult decisions in our lives, we should look to the teaching of God to help us.

He replied, "Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, 'The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.' " - Matthew 26:18

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him." -John 3:2

They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. "Teacher," they said, "we know you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are. -Matthew 22:16

Is there a song that helps you to see God as our teacher or is there a song that brought to light a calling God had for you? No matter the topic (career, family, money, etc.) He is the ultimate authority. I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by your favorite songs. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.

Lead Me- Sanctus Real
Begin With Me- Point Of Grace
In The Blink Of An Eye- MercyMe

My layout this month was inspired by a conversation I had with my husband. We were driving in the car when the song Lead Me by Sanctus Real came on. I had heard it several times but didn’t know if my husband had. After the song finished playing, he turned to me and said that the first time he heard that song was a few days ago and it nearly brought him to tears. Him telling me that, almost brought me to tears! I felt so happy that the man I share my life with wants God to lead him, to teach him.


Each month the designers are invited to create coordinated digital kits inspired by the topic to help you complete your layouts. This month's kits are from Digital Compilations by Cinda and Designs by Angel. They are based on the swatch below. You do not have to use these kits to participate, but I challenge you to create your layouts using these colors. Paper scrappers are welcome to join us by using similar colored products.


From Digital Compilations by Cinda


From Designs by Angel


Need help getting started? You can find this Quick Page from Angel free in the shop for a limited time!


After you finish your layout be sure to share it with us in the My Sweet, Sweet Song Gallery and the monthly thread in the forum. I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful layouts and finding out what songs you chose.

Sing It Out!
Jennifer

No comments: