Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Friday, November 19, 2010

2011 Book Club : Having A Mary Heart In A Martha World

Announcing the 2011 Faith Sisters Book Club. We will be starting a new book the second Wed. of January 2011. Discussions will be started in the forum book club section to discuss each Chapter of the book. Occasionally there will be questions posted but for the most book club members will simply post our feelings and thoughts about each chapter.


Book description:
The life of a woman today isn't really all that different from that of Mary and Martha in the New Testament. Like Mary, you long to sit at the Lord's feet, but the daily demands of a busy world just won't leave you alone. Like Martha, you Jesus and really want to serve Him, yet you struggle with weariness, resentment and feelings of inadequacy. Using this familair story Weaver shows you how to find a balance of spending time with Jesus and how that can flow into a life of loving service.


I am a Martha, and have never really understood how Mary could just sit there at Jesus feet instead of helping worker bee Martha. There was so much to do, and there always is so much to do. I started reading this book last year and the powerful impact that it had on my thoughts was life changing! I still relate alot to Martha, but I now realize that she didn't have to be going above and beyond the call of duty. She could have been sitting there at Jesus' feet as well. This past year has been one of the busiest of my life as I have worked on 18 credit hours toward my Masters degree in literacy. However, this book really helped me to keep my focus on Jesus and make time to sit with him in the midst of my stress and chaos of completing assignments, and meeting due dates.

We are all living in a Martha world. If we don't develop Mary hearts, we will become frustrated, stressed, and disconnected from what really matters the most. Please join me in reading this great book in January 2011. Together we can strive to have the peace of Mary in this Martha driven world.

I am posting this now so that everyone that would like to participate can go ahead and pick up their copy of the book. I purchased my book at Amazon.com. I am looking forward to discussing this book with other sisters in Christ in January!

If you are interested in participating. Stop by the forum and introduce yourself in the Book Club Members Introductions post.
http://faithsisters.com/forum/index.php?topic=13423.0

No comments: