Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It is the third Thursday of the month and time for 1,2,3 Scrap! at Faith Sisters. Wow – April already, this year is flying by.

Did you check out the layouts from our March challenge? FABULOUS!

For anyone new to 1,2,3 Scrap! here is the ‘scoop’.

I will provide 3 specific requirements that need to be included in your layout (or hybrid project) – and you take it from there…. I find that when I am given a challenge – I actually work on and complete a layout (I know, a novel concept) Challenges will often stretch me to try something new I may not have attempted in the past.

Let’s get rocking on our April challenge.

1. Most everyone has a “look” that they use for a majority of their layouts. When you create a layout, where is your eye drawn to – where is the focal point? Center? Right? Bottom? Top? For me, I have to admit that 90% of my layouts have a focal point in the lower right hand corner. Requirement One of this month’s 1,2,3 Scrap! – have the focal point of this layout in a different place – stretch yourself to go somewhere else on the page.

2. Use a minimum of 3 photos

3. Theme of your layout will be an Easter memory or tradition. (if you wish to choose another holiday – that’s okay too) Traditions are so important to family. They create bonds from one generation to the next.

A jellybean hunt has always been a favorite family tradition. I remember as a young child that on Easter morning we would head to my Grandparent’s home still dressed in our Easter best. Upon arrival we would discover that the Easter Bunny had once again hidden jelly beans all over the main level. My brother, sister and I would have so much fun trying to find them all (and I would bet that Grandma was finding unclaimed jelly beans in nooks and crannies on the 4th of July.) The tradition (and memories) continued in my parent’s home and still occurs today in our home.






What special Easter memories do you have? What traditions have carried forward into the next generation? I cannot wait to see what you share.

And simply by completing this challenge by May 15 (must post it in the Faith Sisters 1,2,3 Scrap! gallery and share the link in our 1,2,3 Scrap! Forum), I will send you a discount coupon for $3 off anything in by the Shore designs store at Faith Sisters. (And you will find a lot of digi goodies to choose from)

Are you ready? 1,2,3 Scrap!!!





(And have a Blessed Easter. He is Risen!)



No comments: