Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 1,2,3 Scrap!

Happy Third Thursday! This is pammie~k from ‘by the Shore designs’. Welcome Back to 1,2,3 Scrap! ~ a scrapbook challenge where I provide you with three ‘requirements’ and you take it from there!

This month’s 1,2,3 Scrap ! challenge has a strong focus on COLOR!

I love color (bright bold colors are my favorites, pastels come in a close second) One of my favorite internet sites is www.kuler.adobe.com! If you have not checked it out, it is a fabulous tool. Bookmark this site and explore all of the fabulous color options that are available! I stumbled on Kuler a few years ago and it is definitely a keeper!

Black and White – as much as I love color, I also like the classic look of black and white. Converting photos to black and white is a wonderful approach to take when you have the perfect paper and elements for a layout, but the color does not necessarily go with your photos. On the flip side, when I have a photo that is color rich – I might use black and white papers so the photo takes center stage.

Let’s move on to our challenge….


August 1,2,3 Scrap!

1. Choose your favorite base color on Kuler – then use one of the following color ‘rules’
a. Analogous – base color with adjacent hues
b. Monochromatic – one color with varying intensity and lightness
c. Triad – three colors from around the traditional color wheel
d. Complementary – two opposing colors on the traditional color wheel
e. Shade – subtle variations of the base color/hue

You choose the base color and let Kuler help identify the additional colors in your palette http://kuler.adobe.com/#create/fromacolor -

Try to use only paper and elements that fall within your selected color palette.

2. Convert your photos to black and white. If you wish, you may pop the color of one item in your photo – as long as it is within your color palette identified in requirement one.

3. And your final requirement is to take color away from your title (think transparent or vellum) – use a bold text for your title and the color white – reduce the opacity as low as you feel comfortable so that you can ‘see thru’ the letters. In Photoshop (or PSE) I add a white stroke to the text on the layer above or below to add a bit of definition around the letters

If you have questions, please ask . (I know my directions might be a bit confusing) Give it a whirl! For those that complete the challenge and post your layout no later than September 15th in the Faith Sisters 1,2,3 Scrap! Gallery and the 1,2,3 Scrap Forum! (here) I will send you one of ’by the Shore designs’ layered templates or quick pages of your choice. Just send me a private message at Faith Sisters with your email address and your template or quickpage choice and I will email it directly over to you. I will work on this challenge in the next few days and post my own layout (back to school week is here and I am up to my eyeballs in number 2 pencils, school paper, backpacks, etc)

Be sure to come back next month – Third Thursday – for another edition of 1,2,3 Scrap! Until then, have a wonderful ‘rest of summer’.

No comments: