Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Providence 365, Week 39: Without Batteries

This is Barbara, of Precepts and Promises, back with Week 39 (!) of 2011's Providence 365. 
 
I am blessed to live only 30 minutes of one of the two Nikon repair facilities in the US.  This past week, I took in my beloved D40 for some cleaning and adjustments, and I just got it back. I could take it to a camera shop closer to home, but who better to fix a Nikon than the original maker?  

It's back home now, on my kitchen counter, all spiffed up and ready to go to work. But it sits there powerless and useless. Dead.

That's because it doesn't have a battery. So, as soon as I fix that, I'll have a camera ready to do what it was made to do. 


In many ways, we are like my camera. Before we are made alive together in Christ, Scripture is clear that we are dead, too. Dead in our transgressions and sins. But, God in His great, wonderful, mysterious, irresistible mercy called us to Himself, making us alive in Him.  Is that not happy news???

"When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, 
He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions..."

He, our Maker, has provided our battery, so to speak, by giving us His spirit who lives in us, enabling us to do the work that we were created for. Without our power source, we are like my camera: not completely useless, but not doing what it was created for. It would make a great paperweight. Or, I could hide a secret note in the empty battery compartment. But, it was made to take photographs. So, I will put the battery back in, and we will go take some photos together.

So, this week, reflect on how He has called you and made you alive. How did He call you? What were you made alive for? What is your unique purpose?



Pam and I would love to have you post in our forum and show us your layouts in our gallery. We love to see how God has been good you.
You can get the word art HERE.

No comments: