Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Providence 365-Week 40

Welcome to week 40 of Providence 365.

What a gift it is to be able to journey with you through 2011 – seeking His providence, reading His word and spending time in prayer and reflection. This week, as I spent time choosing a verse for week 40 – I kept coming back to the book of Galatians, specifically chapter 5, verse 22. Then I would wander elsewhere in the bible thinking that perhaps there was another verse ‘more worthy’ for reflection this week – nope – He kept leading me back to Galatians 5:22. I read it in a daily devotion. I saw it posted on facebook. It jumped out at me from a book I was reading. And I overheard our older students discussing it this morning during Sunday School. Sometimes it takes a thunk on the head for me to listen.

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”

We are blessed with a fresh attitude towards life and towards each other. He is the Vine and we are the branches and from the branches are the fruit that we bear. We cannot bear fruit if we are detached from the vine. We are lifeless. But when we are in a firm relationship with Jesus, with God, when we open our hearts and let the Holy Spirit in, we are blessed with the fruit of the Spirit. Our attitudes – our fruits are abundant.

What fruits are apparent in your life? What fruits may need nurturing?

Here is a bit of word-art for this week’s challenge
.

Please share with us your layout in the Providence 365 Forum at Faith Sisters – here.

I want to leave you with some ADDITIONAL FOOD FOR THOUGHT. The book I was reading this morning as I was preparing for this post referenced a quote by D.L. Moody –

“Out of 100 men, one will read the Bible, the other 99 will read the Christian”

This really stuck with me. I kept reading my devotion, but I also keep paging back to reflect on that quote. When others are “reading” me – do they see a Christian? I am displaying all of the fruits of the Spirit detailed in Galatians 5:22? Do others “see” Jesus exemplified in what I do and say? What about you?

Have a blessed week.

No comments: