Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

2008 Scripture Challenge {Update}

First, I want to say how excited I am about the response to this upcoming challenge. I think it is going to be amazing. I already have all 52 topics ready to go for the year. God gave them all to me one morning very quickly. It was awesome. I have completed two of the challenges, and I must say, I get totally engrossed in the topic and finding scripture. I am enjoying it, and I pray you will too. I am very, very excited about it! Also, it is never too late to sign up for the challenge. Spread the word. People can join anytime through the year. I am excited to have anyone that wants to join us!

Many of you have asked for more specific details on the challenges. I have e-mailed you all but I thought I would post here so that everyone has an idea of what we will be doing. Each week I will post a subject/topic. You will then find your favorite scripture or new scripture relating to that topic. You will then alter your card or create your scrapbook page with that scripture or scriptures. I have found that I can fit two scriptures on the 7Gypsies cards. Usually I find more than one favorite scripture. I can't just settle for one! Ha! Anyway, hopefully through the year you will be building your own library of favorite scriptures.

Start date: Our first challenge will go out on Monday, January 7th. I will actually post it on the Faith Sisters blog and my blog sometime on Sunday, January 6th; however, Feedblitz (our subscription service) will not deliver it to your e-mail box until Monday morning. So if you are a subscriber to either blog, you should receive your challenges in your mailbox sometime each Monday morning beginning January 7th. I can't wait!

Update on 7Gypsies Holders: For those of you that have placed an order with Lisa, she told me that they were shipped to her on Nov. 16th; however, with the Thanksgiving holiday, she will not receive them until Monday, Nov. 26th. She will then send you an invoice and get your holders shipped out to you!

Also, for those of you that will be covering the 7Gypsies cards with patterned paper, I have found that a Rolodex punch is very handy. The holes are not spaced the same as the 7Gypsies cards; however, I just punch one side at a time to get the spacing I want. Simple and easy. I also don’t punch through more than one layer at a time. I generally punch my patterned paper separately from the card before gluing the patterned paper on the card. It is a plastic punch so I wouldn’t want it to break. Works fast and easy for me. I found my Rolodex punch locally at Office Max for around $6. They also have them online at officemax.com.

For those of you that want a 7Gypsies holder but have not reserved one, Lisa is expecting another shipment of 200 of them on December 12th. She ships right away so you would still have time to order a holder from her and receive it in time for January 7th.

I think that is my update for now. I am very excited to see what God will do with this challenge through the year. I pray that each of you has a blessed and joyous Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Sounds great Patter...already have my 7 Gypsies ATC Holder and can't wait to get started!