Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sharing Gratitude

There is so much to be thankful for! I just wanted to share my feelings of gratitude for all the blessed events that have came this past year. Our family has been blessed with steady income, my husband having a great local job and for the first time in seven years our family has health insurance! We are all healthy and through our trails are so blessed with happiness.

I am so thankful for the great women on our creative team who have shared so much of their talents and time! Michelle and Karma have been such a support to me and all the women I have met through the starting of this website. Your prayers and support have lifted me more than you’ll ever know! I think of all the wonderful things you have done and try each day to pass on the good.

I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my home for my family and my father. I wish that more of my family could be there and that my children could know how fun thanksgiving is when there is lots of family around but we are still keeping our same family traditions even though it is just us. I am so thankful to have my dad live just next door and for all that he has done for my family. My kids and I have made him a gratitude box. Each of us writing things we appreciate about him on slips of paper. You can write things like, "I am grateful for your…smile, the sound of our voice, your hugs, etc." They have wrote great things like how he always has full size candy bars for them, takes them on horse rides, has snowmobiles for them, cooks them Christmas breakfast, feeds their cat, bough them bb guns, lets them drive his truck in the fields, lets them look at his knives and Kim likes how he waits on his porch to talk to her as she gets off the school bus.

Thanksgiving is a day to acknowledge and express how grateful we are for all that we have. "It's a time to stop, honor, and reflect on the abundance, prosperity, people and lives we are blessed with." I hope that you have a blessed day and share your gratitude with the ones you love!

Do you have any special family traditions that you express your gratitude?

4 comments:

Dahlia Co said...

So good to hear that you are blessed and doing well! I come from a huge family that when the holidays come around, we definitely look forward to our gatherings. Most Asians would agree that during these gatherings, we like to sing Karaoke! Ha! I sing in the choir but, I'm not a soloist! lol! I really like the idea of a gratitude box. I think it's something that can be used not just on Thanksgiving but, when you just want to show someone how grateful you are for them. Thank you Sunny for sharing your wisdom and heartfelt thanks. I'm also eternally grateful for being surrounded by so many awesome and godly women. My spiritual walk with the Lord is growing deeper and deeper just by being a part of this team. Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love your gratitude box idea! Your father will love that it is from the heart.
I am going to have to "lift" this idea.....Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic Thanksgiving with your family!

shalay said...

That is just the sweetest thing.
Every Thanksgiving, before we say grace, we each take a turn saying what we are thankful for. It can be as simple as, "I'm thankful the Colts won." Or as serious as, "I'm thankful I beat cancer." It's a nice tradition : ).

Michelle McVaney said...

Love the gratitude box idea Sunny! Can't wait to hear what your dad says about it!!