Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Focus on Mothers Challenge Winner

This week the focus was on Mothers. Most had heart warming thoughts towards their mothers and we had some wonderful layouts for this challenge in the gallery. But one layout really caught our attention and that is because it was based on some trials that our Faith Sister, Kay has had with her Mother over the years. It is our prayer that those of you who can relate will find some healing to know you are not alone and that there is no sorrow in heaven.

Here is what Kay says...

I never liked it as a kid---but my mother and I look a lot alike. We are so opposite in personalities. My weaknesses are her strengths and her weaknesses are my strengths. I hope to someday get along despite our differences.

I always have a hard time doing anything related to Mothers. I realize that the phrase "abusive home" gets used a lot, but I grew up in one at the hands of my mother. We have always had our differences. We verbally fought to the "death" and I was hit with a board on sometimes a daily basis.

I left home when I was 18 never to return. God has chosen in the last 10-15 years to start working on this relationship. I do not think it will ever be good here on Earth, but in Heaven there will be no sorrow---I am looking forward to hugging my mother in Heaven and not having all the pain associated with it. God is a gracious God. My mother and I have done a lot of talking---not quite sure how much listening---and have come to an unspoken conclusion--we have my son in common and we have to start there. I tell her what I go through as a parent and we somehow find common ground on that. My heart breaks when I see other daughters getting along with there mothers. I so long for that. I am holding God to His promise of Heaven.

To view the other layouts and upload your "Focus on Mothers" layout please check our gallery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for being real and boy can I relate!