Digital Shop | Project Gallery | Faith Forum | Resources | Meet Us | Schedule & Events | Newsletter | Contact

Welcome!

We are a circle of friends from all across the world who have been brought together through our love of Jesus Christ and our desire to express our faith in creative ways. Faith Sisters has been created to help you leave a legacy of faith. It is our hope that you will find inspiration in the challenges and the artwork created by our design team and our members. We encourage you to participate in the challenges, forums and post your creations in the Faith Sisters Gallery!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Song- My Soul Cries Out

There is a place inside of all of us that cries out for a relationship with God. We yearn for a connection with the one who created us, the one who knows us inside and out. We may look to fills ourselves up with the things of this world, but they will not satisfy the yearning of our soul. Only in Christ can we be truly complete.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. -Matthew 5:6
As the deer pants for the water, so my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; when shall I come and appear before God? -Psalm 42:1

My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness. -Isaiah 26:9

What songs speaks to that place inside you? Is there a song that makes you want to raise your hands and cry out to God? I hope you will join us this month in creating a layout inspired by a song of yearning for the Lord. Below are a few songs I thought fit this topic, but feel free to share any song that you feel drawn too.

From the Inside Out by Hillsong
Everything by Jeremy Camp
Complete by Kutless
Alive by Pocket Full of Rocks

For my layout I chose Plumb's God Shaped Hole. I have loved this song since the first time I heard it. My favorite part is "And do you ever feel that there is something missing? That's my point of view..." I started truly looking for God after my first son was born. I had a wonderful husband, a beautiful baby and yet still something was still missing. Even after I gave my life to Christ, there were still times that I felt unsure of what it was I was looking for. It took several years before I came to realize that its wasn't so much a matter of what I was looking for but where. I had been looking for the people in my life to satisfy something only God could.




Each month the designers are invited to create coordinated digital kits inspired by the topic to help you complete your layouts. This month's kits are based on the swatch below. You do not have to use these kits to participate, but I challenge you to create your layouts using these colors. Paper scrappers are welcome to join us by using similar colored products.




From Scrap Quest by Jennifer Eldridge

If you need some help getting started you can grab this quick page for free over the weekend!


After you finish your layout be sure to share it with us in the My Sweet, Sweet Song Gallery and the monthly thread in the forum. Everyone who participates this month will be entered in a drawing to win my kit for next month's challenge! I look forward to seeing all of your beautiful layouts and finding out what songs you chose.


Sing It Out!
Jennifer (Scrap Quest)

No comments: